Thursday, July 16, 2015

Play Date

Well I'd like to say that our momma son play date day was wonderful but then that would be silly ;) We did have a few good moments here and there but overall it was a learning experience while juggling terrible twos, teething, and the South Georgia heat. 

We started off the morning going to the park which Liam normally loves. However, when we got there all he wanted was for me to hold him. Every time I tried to put him down it got worse and let me tell you this little one is heavy. I swear they are lying when they say he is only in the 30th percentile for weight. I can't imagine carrying even a 32% toddler. So we called it quits and headed home. We watched a little Mickey before taking our nap in our toddler bed for the first time. The fact that he was so tired and already irritable didn't help. However, after playing with his hair he was out in less than 5 minutes. As I walked out of his room, I couldn't help but tear up a little at how much he has grown. I snapped a couple pictures so I could send them to Rhett. 

After our nap, Liam decided he wanted to go outside for a walk. As soon as we stepped out of the door he told me that it was hot and wanted me to hold him. Taking a walk during the heat of the day in South Georgia while holding a toddler...um no. So with many tears from Liam we came back inside. Did I mention he is extremely heavy? 

A little later we went to Georgia Southern to visit the raptor center so Liam could walk around and see the birds of prey then watch the raptor show. Sadly we realized after walking the whole trail that there were no birds out at all. I thought that maybe they were inside for the show but little did I know, there aren't birds out there in the summer. Liam did get to climb inside the life size eagle nest....so tiny in comparison.

After less than 8 minutes we were hot and sweaty so we ventured back in to wait for the raptor show. He did love looking at the mini aquarium of fish and turtles. 
After waiting about 8 minutes for the doors to open to start the show we went in and waited about 10 more minutes. It's really hard for this two year old to sit still that long but he did a great job. He only had enough patience for 3 of the 7 creatures before he yelled bye bye. Considering he waited almost 20 mins before the show, I'd say he did fairly well. He loved when the man would come by and show him the creatures up close. He even pet a fat desert lizard. Overall it was an okay date day but I can definitely tell you that I look forward to fall with cooler temperatures. A lot of today would have been better had it been cooler outside. Soon though. Soon :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment